Need a church home in Tampa? Real Life Church

Monday, January 30, 2012

Book Review - A Girl's Guide to Life

I am the mother of a nearly 14 year old.  Need I say more? 

A Girl's Guide to Life by Katie Meier and published by Thomas Nelson sports the following subtitle:

The Truth on Growing Up, Being Real, and Making Your Teen Years Fabulous!

Who can resist such a promise!  

I bought this for my daughter last year and gave it to her as she was leaving for a Revolve Tour conference in Orlando.  She loved it and has been taking Katie's sage advice to heart.  I am watching my middle schooler blossom from a "nerd" into a beautiful young woman.  She goes to high school in the fall and I'm no longer quite so scared for her.  

I wish I had a copy of this book at her age.  While my faith was solid, I still hit some bumps in the road that I wish I could have avoided!

This book is filled with conversations with real teen girls, a foundation on God and the Bible, and helpful tips and questions for the reader.  Your daughter will gain an encouraging and fresh perspective on her life and her role as she grows into a woman.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment